• Dave will be at NAMM 2015 in Anaheim CA performing at Hammond's SoundSoulSummit with Gregg Rolie (Santana; Journey) and Ellis Hall/Bill Champlin (Tower of Power/Chicago) Friday night Jan 23 at the Hilton. More info here from Hammond's site.
• Dave will be musical director and bassist once again for Failing Forward: the Bluesical at the Cutting Room March 18. Featured vocalists will be Tom Bowes and Chrissi Poland along with the regular cast of thousands. Check here for more info.
• Bill Evans Soulgrass will be touring Russia Mar 23 – Apr 9 with a lineup including Joel Rosenblatt, Mitch Stein and special guest Murali Coryell. The group last toured Russia in 2013 and recorded their latest live CD "Live in Moscow" on that trip. Check Bill's site for a list of dates.
• Dave is on tour with the Bill Evans Band in Netherlands, Germany and Sweden May 21 – May 31. Check Bill's site for details.
• Dave will be on tour in China with Grammy award-winning flutist Rhonda Larson in October.
• Dave recently appeared as part of Hall & Oates band member Klyde Jones' show at Daryl's House. The group performed material from Klyde's recordings as well as some classic R&B. A special highlight was the legendary Ernest Wright of Little Anthony & the Imperials sitting in with his daughter Nicole.
• Dave performed again recently with incendiary British guitarist Paul Rose along with Thierry Arpino and Rob Aries. Look for more upcoming dates this year...
• The new Bill Evans Soulgrass CD, Live in Moscow!, has been released, featuring slamming renditions of new material as well as songs from Bill's last several albums. It was recorded in 2013 on the band's state department tour of Russia at the American Embassy and several other venues. On sale now at the band's live appearances. Check back here or visit Bill's site soon for online purchasing.
• Don Harris and Dave appeared as two-thirds of Anderson Harris MacNeal at the Conscious Music Festival in Newtown CT on 9/21/14 (Tyger was predisposed playing with José Feliciano in Puerto Rico), and blew the roof off the place, sending the assembled crowd into a frenzy. Luckily for us the concert was recorded – look for a taste on the audio page soon...
• New Bill Evans Soulgrass CD Live in Moscow to be released soon, recorded on the band's state department tour of Russia fall '13.
• Bill Evans Soulgrass EU tour Oct-Nov 2014. Dates to be anounced shortly.
• 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting year – touring with Bill Evan's Soulgrass, shows with Brian Simpson, Jeff Kashiwa, Bob Baldwin, Jay Prince & Friends, the Hollywood All-Stars and many others. Keep an eye on the performances page as dates come in and are confirmed...
• DDT, Dave's power trio with Don Harris on trumpet and Tyger MacNeal on drums and percussion, is writing and recording when they have time off between tours with Nile Rodgers (Don) and Jose Feliciano (Tyger). Concerts and clinics are in the works for this year.
• Dave was featured in an article in the Danbury News Times and Connecticut Post. Read it here.
• Dave's with saxophonist Steve Cole in Reading PA 10/11 and NYC 10/12 for album release shows...
•Special guests at Soulgrass Chicago shows 9/21-22 will be members of Umphry's McGee! They'll play our tunes... we'll play their tunes... it'll be out of control...
•Dave's in Tokyo this week 9/13-15 at the Cotton Club with the great saxophonist Nelson Rangell and a great band of old friends: Jay Rowe/kbds and Lionel Cordew/dms.
•Soulgrass Europe tour Oct-Nov '13! Dates and more details coming soon...
•Soulgrass California tour coming up 9/4-9/9! Check here for more info...
•Soulgrass destroyed the the Allman Bros.' Peach Festival in PA 8/17. Super bass excitement as the Allmans's Oteil Burbridge joined Bill and the band on six-string bass for two-bass craziness, along with the band's new regular irregular honorary member, Danny Louis of Govt. Mule, to blast soulgrass tunes into the minds of a sea of unsuspecting technicolor freaks.
•Off the charts excitement with Bill Evans Soulgrass at Jazz Alley in Seattle WA 7/30-8/1. Special guests Steve Kimock and Jeff Pevar blasting off in a thousand new directions. Every night is new and different. This band is going to be at the top of the jam scene in short order.
•Dave will be performing at the Hartford Jazz Festival July 7th with Bob Baldwin and additionally backing up Eric Darius, Tom Browne, and Walter Beasley. All the artists will be part of a jam session at the end of the show.
Update: Bob, Eric, Tom and Walter tore the roof off the festival! The band was killin': Tony Lewis and Phil Hamilton threw down with some heinous funk...
•Dave will be contributing bass tracks to saxophonist Paula Atherton's new disc, currently in production.
Update: Dave, Drummer Lionel Cordew and keyboardist Jorgen Kjaer recorded a great new tune of Paula's entitled Carnivale at Paula and Lou Gimenez's studio in Elmont NY.
•Dave performed several reunion gigs with Bill Evan’s Soulgrass earlier this year (he toured with a different version of the band from 2007-2009). The show at The Blockley in Philadelphia PA included special guest John Medeski. Here’s a clip from that night. The band, including Dave, will be performing at Mountain Jam, one of the biggest jam band festivals of the summer, on June 8, and other dates this summer.
Update: Soulgrass absolutely decimated Mountain Jam, with the help of special guests Warren Haynes and Danny Louis from Gov't Mule. Several attendees opined that Bill's set was the best thing they had heard all weekend. Look for youtube clips to start popping up at a browser near you...
•And yet more Soulgrass updates: a taper at the show has put the Mountain Jam show up for listening on their site.
•Dave’s collaborative improvisational trio, DDT, with Tyger MacNeal and Don Harris, will be performing this year when everyone takes a breather from their touring duties (Don with Nile Rodgers & Chic; Tyger with Jose Feliciano). There’s some great audio/video from their performance last year at The Fez in Stamford CT which will be posted soon.
•Dave and Tyger MacNeal got together recently at Flying Squirrel studio (Dave’s home studio in New Fairfield CT) to record some free improv bass and percussion utilizing Tyger’s new hybrid electronic/acoustic drum/percussion rig. Material from this and additional sessions will be making its way onto a project for release.
•Dave recently played on a great album of new songs by songwriter Ken Kirsh entitled Failing Forward, and was actively involved in developing the project, assisting with contracting, production and arranging, and engineering. Ken will be presenting the music live this year with many of the musicians and singers appearing on the recording.
•Dave’s part of a great new local project called the Hollywood All-Stars, led by keyboardist “Hollywood” Steve Gaspar. The material is in the James Brown/Tower of Power vein with a jam band vibe. Watch for upcoming shows around CT and Westchester NY.
•Dave is busy recording, both at his own studio, Flying Squirrel, and many others, when he's not travelling. He's currently preparing guitarist Chad McLaughlin's new material for release, among other projects. For a complete discography of commercial releases Dave’s played on, check here.