photo credit: kmcdphotography
Dave Anderson is a bass player with over thirty years' experience performing and recording in a wide range of genres. His credits span a range of world class artists in jazz, R&B, pop, folk rock, fusion, world music, and more. His recent work includes associations with Bill Evans Soulgrass, Blood Sweat & Tears, Art Garfunkel, Bob Baldwin, Smokey Robinson, Special EFX, Kate Taylor, and others. His numerous past credits include Regina Carter, Joe Beck, Marion Meadows, Warren Hill, and many others. For more information, please follow the appropriate links from the menus above. You can stay in the loop and get info on appearances by checking the performances page or joining him on facebook. If you're an artist, producer, studio owner, contractor, or fellow musician and want to contact Dave, follow the contact link above and peruse the audio and video pages for examples of his work.
• Dave's busy this month in the studio writing and recording for his collaborative project, The New Dinosaurs, as well as wrapping up the newest Jones Factor recordings, all in-between live shows with Smokey Robinson, Bob Baldwin, and more.
• Dave would like to acknowledge, with sadness, the unexpected passing of fellow bassist Eric Udel. Eric was a busy and respected player on the NY scene for many years, and had toured most recently with the Original Blues Brothers Band.
• The Bill Evans Band, with Bryan Baker and Joel Rosenblatt, will be back in Europe in August for CD release shows to support Bill's latest release Rise Above. Check Bill's site for updates as dates are announced.
• July will be a smooth jazz-filled month as Dave performs concerts with several great artists including Steve Cole, Brian Simpson, the Sax Pack, and a double bill with Marc Antoine and Nelson Rangell. See the performances page for details.
• Klyde Jones, bassist and vocalist with Hall & Oates, will return to Daryl's Place in Pawling NY June 12 to present his original music. Klyde hands bass duties to Dave as he fronts the band on vocals and guitar.
• Bill Evans' new disc, Rise Above, is being released this month, and features Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, JJ Grey, Mike Stern and many other greats, along with Bill's touring band. Dave is featured on nine of the album's ten tracks. Visit iTunes or Amazon to purchase.
• Dave appears on saxophonist Matt Criscuolo's newest release, The Dialogue, featuring guitarist Tony Purrone and drummer Will Calhoun. Downbeat gave the disc three and a half stars, commenting that "Electric bassist Dave Anderson is an ideal match, locking into fat grooves when needed and intuitively navigating the free numbers with poise..."
• Dave will be performing several concerts this month with Motown legend Smokey Robinson. See the performances page for details.
• The Jones Factor, a ten piece jazz/fusion ensemble led by trombonist John Fumisoli, is currently recording their upcoming album at Dave's Flying Squirrel studio in New Fairfield CT. Dave has performed and recorded with the group since 1988.
• The Bill Evans Band will be in Europe April 2016 for the "Rise Above" tour, presented by Sgent Nation. Watch the promo clip here. For a list of dates and venues, check Bill's site and my performances page. Watch for Bill's new disc, Rise Above, to be released soon, featuring Greg Allman, Warren Haynes, JJ Grey, and other top jazz/jam stars.
• Dave will perform with the house band at Jay Rowe's 14th annual Smooth Jazz for Scholars benefit concert Apr 29/30.